When dressing up in your suit, there are a few things you want to remember. While the summer months may not be ideal for the extra clothing sometimes a suit is just necessary whether it be an event or even for your job. Here are a few tips I have put together to help you on making your next suit work.
- Proper fitted suit
When purchasing a suit there are some important things to take into consideration like,
- When you are purchasing a suit the first thing you do is check to see how the shoulders fit. It’s important to have your shoulders fit properly this will lead to a sharp fit.
- When wearing a well-fitted suit there should be no gaps in-between your shirts collar and jacket lapel, you should only be able to fit one finger in-between the collar of your shirt and your neck.
- When wearing a vest with your suit, every button should hit below the waistband of your pants. When fitted properly it will not bunch up.
- Your suit should also be pressed or steamed out, especially for important occasions. This will ensure that you will always have a clean sharp look.
- Dress for your body type
- Dressing for your body type is essential to looking sharp in a suit. Your jacket should feel snug not tight, and long enough to cover your zip and behind.
- Dress from the ground up
- When getting dressed start with checking if your socks are long enough so they don’t show your legs when you are sitting down.
- Your cuffs should be exposed at least half an inch, which allows you to show off your cufflinks.
- Show personality through detail
- If you want to show your personality, pay more attention to detail. Add a stylish pocket square, dress watch, bright socks, or anything that adds some edge. Overall just show your personality through your style.
- Comfortable stylish shoes
- Make sure your shoes are comfortable and stylish and most importantly match the rest of the suit. Your shoes should match the belt color.
Now with these helpful tips you will always be looking sharp in a suit where every you go.
Shop My Look: