Happy Monday! Did anyone else have a hard time with the time change? I think the first few days are always a bit of a slow start for everyone. Although it’s a slow start, I love when the time changes for spring because it reminds me of all of the fun and warm weather we have to look forward to this spring/summer. Let’s not forget the cute spring and summer fashion. When dressing for the workday, I love to keep it casual but still professional with pieces like a plaid blazer with jeans and heels or a two-piece tailored suit paired with a graphic tee. With the blazer being a go-to you can have on jeans and tee and throw on a blazer to add a little professional flare to your outfit. Blazers can also be cute as a date night piece or running everyday errands. Scroll down to learn five ways on how you can style a plaid blazer.
PLAID BLAZER OUTFIT DETAILS
A plaid blazer should be a staple piece in every woman’s closet. You can dress them up or dress them down with style ideas such as:
1. With skinny jeans. Your plaid blazer will look trendy and flattering. Pair with any footwear you want, boots, heels, flats or sandals.
2. A formal-chic look. Pair your plaid blazer with a pair of trousers such as wide-leg pants.
3. Pair with a skirt. From mini to midi to maxi skirt, wear it with a skirt in feminine prints and colors for a cute contrast.
4. Denim shorts. For a casual look, pairing a plaid blazer with shorts work well when you want to combine classy, casual and relaxed vibes into the outfit.
5. Professional look. Choose a blazer in a simple color and style, pair with pieces that have the same color family to the blazer. Keep it simple and sleek. For best results, look for a blazer in a neutral color, like black, gray, tan, brown, or navy. Printed blazers in soft or subtle colors can also look very professional. If you wear mini dress or skirt, wear a pair of opaque stockings to add the elegance.
Shop The Look