“Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart.”
Valentine’s is one of the most celebrated holidays for lovers. Whether you’re enjoying this time with your family or spouse or even your best friends you are still with people you love. Being married, holidays like this are even more of the reason to think of cute fun ideas to celebrate and of course overdose on Pinterest. (Is there a Pinterest cure? I think we’ve all been bitten.) haha. No but seriously, running a business, an organization/network, plus a variety of other projects I work on, taking breaks from technology and having technology free nights I live for. Let’s not forget my husband is an accountant so when I can catch him in their not so busy parts of the month is always a plus.
This Valentine’s we will celebrate a little different since we will be in our first home together that we own! SO exciting and a major accomplishment at our age. (24 &25 if you’re wondering) (blog post on the entire process coming soon + home tour). Although, I love getting super dressed up and going out to some of our favorite restaurants or catching a movie, I am truly going to enjoy this nice night in. Even though I am opting to stay in with my hubby, I still have a ton of awesome ideas for this awesome night you can put to use. Whether you want to be a home body or glam up the night (hey it is on a Saturday) I have ten ideas you can use! *Oh and budget friendly!! Enjoy.
1. Couples massages. Why not take a break from a long week and unwind together with a couples massage. If you’re in the DFW area there are a million spa centers to chose from. You could turn it from a “Night date” to a “Day date” by having a full blown out spa day
2. Movies!! Who doesn’t love a great movie and theater popcorn? With so many new releases there are so many you can chose from. You can even turn it into a “dinner + movie” and enjoy your evening at a place like Studio Movie Grill.
3. Have a picnic. The weather has been really nice in Dallas the past week or so (sorry NYC and other northern states) but a picnic in this weather we’re having would be awesome. It’s not extremely hot or cold so grab a blanket and basket with fresh fruit, chocolates, cheese slices, and wine to keep the romantic vibe going because hey it is Valentine’s.
4. Rent a romantic movie. A low-key Valentine’s Day can be every bit as special as an expensive dinner and roses. The rule: Each of you gets to pick a sexy/romantic flick and can’t veto the other’s choice.
5. Staycation. This could fall within the #1 spa day. You can extend that into the night and just unwind at your favorite local hotel or resort.
6. Music lovers. Attend a concert. Any local shows happening in your area or nearby driving distance? Take the time to enjoy your favorite band or artist with your favorite girl or guy
7. Do you live in a place with beautiful natural scenery? The great thing about nature is that it’s literally all around us and it doesn’t cost a dime. Whether it’s a trip to your local beach, a walk on a trail or a view of a beautiful mountain; it can be done for practically nothing, but your appreciation for the outdoors and the one you’re with can make it one of the richest experiences of your life.
8. Dine in. Do you have a favorite dish you like to enjoy together? Make it a fun night and get in the kitchen together to recreate this fun meal. Don’t forget the dessert
9. For my fitness lovers take a day date to your favorite gym or class and work out together. In my experience working out is always fun with my husband than alone especially the motivation you can lend one another
10. Game night! My husband and I love games I love having karaoke on Friday nights at home in my pjs knowing he won’t judge me even if I am the only one performing lol and he’s the audience. Seriously nothing is healthier than laughter so if you have a fun game you guys like to play get comfy at home and get your game on! Drinking games, board games, or video games the list is endless
Happy Valentines’ Day!